Jobu Plates - Surefoot NX Series
- Category: Jobu Plates
The Surefoot NX Series plates offer a number of benefits, including double-safety-stops, double-dovetail profile (offering ease of use for quick release flash brackets), and compatibility with all other North American 'Arca-Swiss' style lensplates***.
Fitting Chart: Please download our PDF document HERE to select your appropriate plate.
- In general, select a plate that is 1" longer than the mounting-foot on your lens. This allows enough room for a flash bracket with quick release to be added.
- Most small lenses use 1 mounting screw. Select an NX1 or NX2 plate that has a built in anti-twist flange to prevent your lens from unscrewing during use.
- Most medium-large lenses use 2 or more mounting screws. Select an NX3 or NX4 plate for these longer mounts. These plates include two (2) 1/4"-20 screws and one (1) 3/8"-16 screw. No anti-twist flanges are required.
- For odd lenses, or specialty purposes, or as a secondary "do-all" plate, select our NXM plate which offers multiple positions for mounting your lens. This plate comes with (2) 1/4"-20 screws and an adapter bushing included (3/8"-1/4"). Virtually all lenses with a mounting foot under 5" can fit this plate.
- All plates come with appropriate allen keys for fitting. You may wonder why Jobu do not use small slotted screws so you can tighten your lens with a dime instead of including so many keys; in general, tightening any small screw with a dime does not offer enough torque and you will repeatedly find your kit getting loose. The allen keys supplied will apply sufficient torque so that your lenses should never fall off due to the screws backing out. Of course, check for tightness periodically (especially after travel (vibration), or many temperature changes, which may affect the screw tightness).
*** Jobu's measurements have shown that some brands of plates that claim to be 'Arca-Swiss' compatible are too small due to use of Metric stock aluminum sizes. Jobu has tested many brands and the North American plates seem to have a common size and can be interchanged freely; however offshore brands plus other cheap E-bay lenses are too thin and the V-groove is too low. Use caution when buying unknown brands.
*** Use caution when using FLIP-OPEN Cam-type quick releases from other manufacturers. Although Jobu strives to match the 'standard' Arca-Swiss size, it cannot guarantee 100% compatibilty with these specific types of clamps due to the other manufacturer's tolerances.
Lens Plate Recommendation:
|Nikon||Lens Plate||Canon||Lens Plate|
|200mm f4.0 Macro||NX1||100mm Macro w/collar||NX2|
|300mm f4.0||NX1||180mm Macro||NX2|
|300mm f2.8 MF||NX2||200mm f1.8||NX2|
|300mm f2.8 AF||NX2||200mm f2.8 w/option collar||NX2|
|300mm f2.8 AF-I||NX2||300mm f4.0||NX1|
|300mm f2.8 AF-S||NX2||300mm f4.0 IS||NX1 or NX2|
|300mm f2.8 VR||NX2||300mm f2.8||NX2|
|400mm f3.5 MF||NX2||300mm f2.8 IS||NX2|
|400mm f2.8 MF||NX4||400mm f5.6||NX2|
|400mm f2.8 AF-I||NX4||400mm f4.0 DO||NX2|
|500mm f4.0 MF||NX2||400mm f2.8 non-IS||NX4|
|500mm f4.0 AF-I||NX3||400mm f2.8 IS||NX4|
|500mm f4.0 AF-S I||NX3||500mm f4.5||NX3|
|500mm f4.0 AF-S II||NX3||500mm f4.0 IS||NX3 or NX4|
|500mm f4.0 AF-S VR||NX3||600mm f4.0 non-IS||NX4|
|600mm f5.6 MF||NX2||600mm f4.0 IS||NX4|
|600mm f4.0 MF||NX4||600mm f4.5||NX4|
|600mm f4.0 AF-I||NX4||800mm f5.6||NX4|
|800mm f5.6 MF||NX4||28-300mm IS||NX2|
|70-180mm Micro||NX1||35-350mm f3.5||NX2|
|70-200mm f2.8 VR||NX2||70-200mm f2.8||NX1 or NX2|
|80-200mm f2.8||NX1||70-200mm f4.0||NX1|
|80-200mm f2.8 AF-S||NX1||80-200mm f2.8||NX2|
|80-400mm VR||NX1||100-400mm f4.5||NX1 or NX2|
|Minolta||Lens Plate||180mm f2.8 Macro
|300mm f2.8||NX2||300mm f2.8
|400mm f4.5||NX1||70-210mm f2.8||NX1|
|600mm f4.0||NX4||200-400mm f5.6||NX1|
|70-200mm f2.8||NX1||200-500mm f5.6-6.3
|Sigma||Lens Plate||300mm f2.8 MF SMCP
|150mm f2.8 Macro||NX1||300mm f2.8 AF SMCP
|180mm Macro||NX1||400mm f2.8 ED(IF)
|300mm f4.0||NX1||500mm f4.5 MF SMCP
|300mm f2.8||NX2||600mm f4.0 AF SMCP
|400mm f5.6||NX4||800mm f6.7 IF SMCP
|500mm f4.5 non-HSM||NX2||1200mm f8.0 MF SMCP
|500mm f4.5 HSM||NX4||250-600mm f5.6 ED(IF)
|70-200mm f2.8||NX1||Tokina||Lens Plate|
|80-200mm f2.8||NX1||300mm f4.0||NX1|
|80-400mm f4.5||NX4||300mm f2.8||NX2|
|100-300mm f4.0||NX1||400mm f5.6||NX1|
|120-300mm f2.8||NX2||80-200 f2.8||NX1|
|135-400mm f5.6||NX1||100-400mm f4.0||NX1|